Nearly 50 years of building systems upgrades and engineering experience
Engineering companies specializing in high-volume, high-traffic commercial, academic, and industrial buildings are hard to come by. And ones you can trust with specialized skills and extensive knowledge in mechanical consulting are engineers you can depend on.
When your facility, architecture, or construction crews identify a need to add or replace boilers, chillers, refrigeration, air, hydronic, or energy management systems, trust R.E. Dimond’s mechanical engineers.
Mechanical engineering services based in Indianapolis, Indiana
Get innovative engineering ideas to bolster your construction, infrastructure, and renovation teams. We provide direct support services for:
- Architects and architecture firms
- Corporate clients
- Institutional clients such as schools, hospitals, and universities
- Municipal buildings such as courthouses, jails, city and town halls, and other local government facilities
Every engineering project we do goes through at least three steps:
- A preliminary feasibility study where we review everything from existing construction documents to project needs, timeline, and scope. We can also conduct studies if necessary, such as energy audits or facility assessments.
- Team integration into your existing schedule, architect, contractors, or other team members.
- A review during and after each project, renovation, or upgrade to identify future needs.
And because energy-efficient buildings and mechanical systems are necessary for LEED certification, cost control, and good common sense, we focus on superior results. The R.E. Dimond and Associates mechanical engineering team specialize in retrofitting mechanical systems. Over the last two decades, dozens of institutions across the Midwest have found savings and ROI in as little as a few years.
That means more than just savings. Students, employees, and patrons get improved ventilation and indoor air quality, safety, and environmentally friendly heating and cooling systems. Because R.E. Dimond has decades of experience retrofitting older buildings, our teams have found countless innovative ways to preserve and protect a building’s character. All while providing functional controls, worry-free system maintenance, flexibility, and adaptability.
Central Indiana mechanical engineers leading the industry in focus and expertise
No other engineering company in central Indiana comes with:
Plus, our project management and communication keep projects focused, maintains your schedule, and keeps your project expectations clear and on budget for all of these project types:
- Air handling unit replacement
- Building automation systems & controls
- Campus utility infrastructure upgrades
- Chiller replacement
- Chiller water plant design
- Cooling towers
- Commercial kitchen ventilation
- Condenser water systems, sump tanks, and hot/cold wells
- Custom designed air handling units
- Energy assessments
- Feasibility studies, energy modeling, commissioning
- Geothermal systems
- Heating, ventilation & air conditioning systems and design
- Hot water and steam boiler replacements
- Indoor air quality
- Laboratory fume hoods and exhaust systems
- Open and closed-loop ground source heat pump systems
- Refrigeration systems
- Steam boiler replacement and steam plant retrofit/upgrades
- Steam condensate systems, D-A Tanks and pumps
- Temperature control system retrofit
- Thermal ice energy storage
See how these select projects benefited from our mechanical engineering services
Indiana’s largest institutions, universities, and industries choose R.E. Dimond
Liberty Fund obtains LEED Silver certification
Carmel-based Liberty Fund’s headquarters and special collections library features new technology.
New LED lights, alarms and fire suppression system, and geothermal heating that’ll pay itself back in about two decades.
Read about the unique challenge presented by limestone on the project
Indiana State University’s former Arena Building gets all-new building systems
Built in the 1960s, Indiana State University’s College of Health and Human Services building began showing its age. R.E. Dimond engineers replaced and installed all-new mechanical systems throughout the building without disrupting the building’s character.
Read about the new air, plumbing, electrical systems at ISU’s College of HHS
Sweetwater’s climate-controlled warehouse & distribution center
Sweetwater has 585,000 square feet of climate-controlled warehouse space at their Fort Wayne distribution center. The Sweetwater team has been working with R.E. Dimond for nearly a decade on a variety of renovations, upgrades, and improvements.