1,000 seats with excellent acoustics
Brownsburg High School’s increasing enrollment required more seating in their auditorium. Used for high school theater productions, in-school programs, and community uses, the theater was ready to grow alongside a larger high school expansion project completed between 2016-2020.
- With a seating capacity of over 1,000, the new auditorium was constructed with special sound-absorbing features.
- Special ridges in the walls absorb sound without bouncing it off the walls, and serve an aesthetic purpose, too.
- The ceiling features hanging drywall clouds which aid in hiding the above head rough-ins, as well as provide amazing acoustical value to the room.
Enhancing student learning beyond theater through music and new media
A new orchestra pit was constructed directly into the front of the stage. The pit lift can be used in the upright position for stage performances such as plays or choir performances, or in a lower position for orchestra performances.
Two specially-designed control booths were added to operate the auditorium’s lights, curtains, audio, and video equipment. Students often run this equipment in conjunction with teachers, providing real-world production experience that goes beyond theatre to include advanced networking, IT support, video creation, and media arts.
- Project: Brownsburg High School Auditorium
- Location:1000 S Odell St Brownsburg, IN
- Client: Brownsburg Community Schools
- Size: 517,000SF, as part of a broader high school expansion
- Goal: Expansion and renovation