Fire protection consulting services across Indiana and the midwest
Focus on safeguarding people and property in your building or campus with R.E. Dimond and Associates. Together we can help you meet or exceed building system fire codes and standards.
Your building’s fire protection and life safety features must be designed into the overall building while accounting for building aesthetics, function, and cost.
Our consulting engineers understand building codes and human nature. We design egress systems, alarms, sprinklers, and other fire protection systems into conventional buildings, retrofits, special applications, and more.
R.E. Dimond and Associates have fifty years of experience helping architects, general contractors, building owners, and facility engineers with:
- Water-based sprinkler systems
- Wet pipe, dry pipe, deluge, and preaction designs
- Warehouse (ESFR) fire safety designs
- Standpipe systems wet and dry type.
- Fire pumps
- Clean agent extinguishing systems
- Dormitory and residential building fire safety retrofits
- Computer labs and data-centers
- Fire suppression for museums and sensitive collections
- Fire protection analysis and inspections
- Egress preparation and analysis
- Fire hazard reporting
- Smoke control and smoke ventilation
- Fire alarm systems and fire detection
Qualified fire protection engineering protecting people and preserving property
There are three main components to any building’s fire system. Our fire protection engineers understand and adhere to NFPA 14, 14, 20, and 72 and Indiana Fire Code.
Our team will also account for all of these in any industry and any structure through performance-based design:
- The building’s use, aesthetic, and specific characteristics.
- Code compliance and existing building construction or plans.
- The systems, services, and technology available for the project.
When R.E. Dimond and Associates were asked to assist on the James Whitcomb Riley Museum’s historic preservation project, we worked hard to maintain respect for the building’s character.
Engineers drew up alternative solutions to standard water-based sprinklers to protect the museum’s irreplaceable assets.
Older buildings such as dormitories or historic residential facilities require consulting services based on human behavior. Our teams protect life by pursuing:
- A workable fire protection system
- Egress modeling
- Intuitive designs and systems for firefighters
- Fire alarm and fire safety systems that work for blind, deaf, and other adaptive users
R.E. Dimond and Associates engineer safe buildings and facilities using the latest principles of fire protection design.