Size 100,000 SF
Construction Completion Summer 2021
Building Project Summary
The town of Plainfield, Plainfield and School Corporation, Ivy Tech, Vincennes University, and Hendricks College Network collaborated for the construction of a new adult learning facility. As a result, different organizations have the option of consolidating classes so adults can get the skills they need for today’s jobs, including diesel technology, cybersecurity, medical assisting, and logistics training.
Stakeholders required coordination of telecommunication technology and special systems in the building design including
- compressed air with hose reels
- bus ducts in the lab areas
- coordination of power with specialized equipment
- overhead diesel exhaust vent system
- radiant heating floors in large volume lab space
- ceiling fans and evacuation fans
- diesel labs
- fork-lift charging station
R.E. Dimond and Associated integrated all systems within the design of the building, including all heating, ventilating, air conditioning, built-in lighting, parking lot lighting, fire protection, fire detection, power, and telecommunications systems.